Monday, May 27, 2013

The beginning

First of all, I have never written a blog. And second of all, I am getting a late start. I am post s.a.r.p.e surgery but remember everything in great detail. I won't try to bore u with too much detail throughout this blog. But after all the help I gained from reading others, I decided the World Wide Web needed to keep current on this procedure.   About me.... I am 32 year old female from Oregon, USA. I have had crooked teeth my entire life. My parents couldn't afford orthodontia when I was a child. This is the first financial opportunity I have had in life to straighten my teeth. It started in Oct 2012 at the dentist. From there it was a quick and easy referral to the orthodontist. That's where the bad news occurred. "Darcy, your narrow upper palate requires surgery prior to braces. It's called surgically assisted rapid palatal expansion surgery, aka sarpe surgery." (Not a verbatim quote, but u get the idea.) Let the games begin. :/ I was then referred to my oral surgeon, Dr. Joel Hopkin, the best. After having wisdom teeth removed it was time to plan for my surgery. Back to the orthodontist I went to get fitted for my "appliance" oh fun... Torture device since April.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment