Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Expanding!!!! ahhhh!!

One week after surgery I revisited Dr. Joel Hopkin, my oral surgeon. He turned my key and taught me how to turn it. This was May 7th 2013.  He told me to turn it 4 times day until I saw my awesome orthodontist Dr. Gilder. I did as I was told. I started turning and turning and was shocked at how quickly my man made gap started widening.  After a week of turning 4 times a day I saw my oral surgeon again. He said all looked well. I expressed my concern about how fast the gap was widening.  The only reason why I was concerned was because my orthodontist, Dr. Gilder was on vacation until May 23rd. And that would be my first opportunity post op to see him. I was then instructed by my oral surgeon to slow the turning to 3 turns a day. Here is a pic of the "instant" gap from surgery.

The above pic doesn't look like much but my two front teeth were really, really turned in.  The next pictures show the progression of turning over two weeks time.  The time frame between May 7-23rd. I stopped turning on the 21st. I was afraid of over turning and I really just wanted to hear what Dr. Gilder had to say. Well when May 23rd came and I finally got to see Dr. Gilder he told me to stop turning! I was at my width I needed to be :):):) HOORAY! My gap is 7mm


^^^^^back to work :)




Final width above, 7 mm!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment